Although the church is normally locked arrangements can be made for viewing and there are a number of Open Days during the year when the church will be open in the afternoon see the Events page for details of these.
An aerial survey of the church is available at the link here.
Swell to Great, Great to Pedal, Swell to Pedal
The Organ was built in 1902 by the famous firm of William Hill and Son and was given to the Church by the Charrington family. The original tubular pneumatic action was changed to electric in 1967 at which time the console was moved from underneath the organ case to its present position in the North aisle. The instrument remains tonally unchanged from when it was built and its voices represent the tonal excellence that the company had established and maintained over two previous generations. In 1990 it was decided that extensive maintenance was required and the first Winchfield Festival took place to help raise the money to pay for it. Martin Neary, former organist of Winchester Cathedral and Westminster Abbey, gave a recital and since then the Festival has boasted recitals by many organists of international fame, including Thomas Trotter, Wayne Marshall and Roy Massey. All agree it is a delightful instrument. At the same time it remains especially suited to accompanying hymns on a Sunday morning. The specification of the organ is:
At the rear of the nave is a memorial to those men from Winchfield who died while serving in the Army during the First World War. Some details of the men whose sacrifice is remembered have been compiled and is available here.
The Church owns a very interesting Communion cup which is inscribed “The gift of Richard Canon, 1664” It is handworked in solid silver. The other plate is modern.
The South-East Window in the Chancel was designed by Laurence Whistler to commemorate Mrs. Charrington of Winchfield House: a tree of life, rooted in her home; a cluster of stars, for her Christian name.
The Chancel Arch is the glory of this Church. It consists of a group of semi-circular arches carved with chevron (dog's tooth) and other Norman ornamentation. The work is rude and not highly finished but is nonetheless effective. At each side of the Chancel Arch are two square 'squints' or hagioscopes which have been restored. These were used in pre-Reformation (i.e. Roman Catholic) times to enable the people to see the climax of the Mass – being the elevation of the Host.